Why a Depreciation Schedule is Crucial For Every Property Investor
Depreciation schedules are one of the most effective but underused tools available for property investors to maximise their returns.
The purpose of a depreciation schedule is to outline the value of your client’s Division 40 and Division 43 assets as well as how much it has depreciated and will depreciate.
This will give them a clear idea of how much they can claim.
As an accountant, helping your clients understand the finer details of what a tax depreciation schedule can mean for their investment is just one way to make sure they get the most out of it.
Why Choose Duo Tax Depreciation Schedules?
We’re property investors for property investors.
We’ve assembled a team of tax depreciation experts to maximise tax-deductible claims on your client’s investment property.
We offer expertise by assessing tax depreciation for investment properties that are new, old, renovated, completely refurbished or for commercial fit-outs and producing ATO-compliant reports.
We have the knowledge to provide your clients with maximum tax deductions. As a result, they’ll be able to save more money in taxes and protect themselves against audits by lodging an ATO-compliant claim of depreciation for their investment properties during tax return season.
What’s in Our Depreciation Report?
- A glossary of terms to help you and your client better understand how the schedule works.
- A detailed 40-year estimate showing all Division 43 (capital works) depreciable items.
- Examples of both the prime cost and diminishing value methods of depreciation to help you decide which method is best for your client’s circumstances.
- The effective life and prescribed depreciation rate for all Division 40 (plant and equipment) assets.
- A breakdown of the assets that belong to low-value pools and those that qualified for an instant-asset write-off.
Duo Tax depreciation reports are easy to read and provide clear instructions, so it’ll give you a good idea of how much your client’s depreciation will amount to.
You can also access tools such as a depreciation calculator to help estimate what your client could potentially claim before purchasing a depreciation schedule.
We’ll send through your client’s personalised depreciation report within 5-10 business days so that you can submit it with their tax return.
Alternatively, soon you will be able to access all the reports you’ve ordered from the Duo Tax Partner Portal.