What personal information do we collect and how?
Duo Tax only collects your personal information it requires to provide you the Services, or to promote or advertise Duo Tax’s current or future services. The type of information we collect includes your name, address, personal and/or work contact details and payment details as well as information regarding property, assets and finances that are required to provide the relevant service to you.
If you ask us to help you determine which of the Services best suits your needs, we may ask you to provide it with additional personal information.
Importantly, Duo Tax does not collect any personal information it does not need.
How do we collect this information?
Your personal information will usually be collected by Duo Tax when you:
- Request information from, or have dealings directly with Duo Tax
- Request that we provide you with the Services
- Access or request information from or through Duo Tax’s website
In addition to collecting personal information directly from you, Duo Tax may collect personal information about you from third parties including credit reporting agencies or your accountant.
In relation to the use of the Duo Tax website, Duo Tax may collect personal information through the use of:
- Third party tracking and tag manager software. These are used to install, manage and update all tracking tags and Duo Tax uses all features available in these platforms. They may result in the collection of the following types of information:
- General app usage, including button clicks, page views, general location of users
- Demographics and interests of users
- Number of downloads and installs by device (android and apple) and by campaign
- Crashes and exception reporting.
- In addition:
- Third-party vendors, including Google Ads, show Duo Tax ads on sites across the Internet.
- Duo Tax and third-party vendors, including Google Ads, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) to inform, optimise, and serve ads based on someone’s past visits to our website.
- Users can opt out by utilising Google’s Opt-Out Browser Add On
( https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/) and/or Ads Preferences Manager
What if you don’t provide Duo Tax the personal information it requires?
If you can’t or won’t provide Duo Tax with the personal information it reasonably requires, Duo Tax may be unable to provide you the information or Services you wish to receive or use.
How does Duo Tax use my information?
Duo Tax uses your personal information to:
- Provide you with the Services.
- Determine which of the Services best suit your needs.
- Promote and market Duo Tax’s current and future products and services to you; and
- Conduct research (including but not limited to client surveys) concerning, Duo Tax’s current and future products and services.
Duo Tax will only use your personal information for direct marketing purposes as authorised by the Privacy Act 1988. That includes where we collected the information from you and you would reasonably expect the information to be used for direct marketing. In all other circumstances we would only use your personal information with your consent or where it is impracticable to obtain that consent. In all direct marketing correspondence sent to you we will give you the opportunity to “opt out” of receiving any further marketing correspondence.
Will your personal information be given to anyone else?
In providing you the Services, Duo Tax may be required to disclose your personal information to:
- Duo Tax’s contractors and service providers performing services including (but not limited to) credit reporting, mail-house and printing services.
Other than those above, Duo Tax will not disclose your personal information to any third party unless:
- You authorise Duo Tax to do so;
- Your safety or the safety of others in the community is at risk; or
- Duo Tax is required or permitted by law.
Is my personal information secure?
Duo Tax takes all the proper steps to ensure your personal information it holds is protected from risks such as loss, unauthorised access or use, destruction, modification or disclosure. Duo Tax only permits its authorised personnel to access your personal information.
Duo Tax takes reasonable steps to ensure the information you send Duo Tax is, to the extent reasonably possible, secure and protected from risks such as loss, unauthorised access or use, destruction, modification or disclosure.
The Duo Tax website may contain links to other websites. Duo Tax is not responsible for the privacy practices of those other websites. Duo Tax makes no warranty as to the accuracy or content of those linked sites, or that such links will remain current or be maintained.
Shipping & delivery policy
We deliver all of our completed reports electronically via email within 24 hours of payment being cleared. For all printed copies, Duo Tax use the normal service provided by Australia Post and our fee includes shipping and delivery costs. We ship our reports within Australia and Overseas as required.
Duo Tax Tax Depreciation wants to ensure that you can make payments with complete confidence online. When making payments on www.duotax.com.au your financial details including your credit card number is passed through a secure server using the latest 128-bit SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption technology. SSL encryption is the industry standard and helps protect your personal details online.
Rights of access and correction
You have a right to access the personal information Duo Tax has collected from you. You may request details of your personal information by contacting Duo Tax on 0431 154 356 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The accuracy of your personal information is important to us. Duo Tax will take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you believe that any personal information Duo Tax holds about you is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, please contact Duo Tax on 0431 154 356 or emailing email@example.com